LiveWall is the first and only planted wall system with patent pending TopSide® and RainRail® Technology for growing plants vertically in a manner that is healthy, simple, attractive, and low maintenance. LiveFence® and LiveScreen® are the fencing and mobile screening applications of the same technology.
Brought to you by the makers of the LiveRoof® hybrid green roof system, LiveWall® was borne of necessity, as a solution-focused product requested by architectural and building professionals. The challenge was to create the ideal green living wall solution, addressing the key issues of architectural design, engineering, and horticulture; essentially marrying the best of aesthetics, physical and functional attributes, and the biological environment for the plant material.
Such a system, now called the LiveWall® system, had to meet all of the following criteria:
- Suitable for a broad range of plants; sun and shade loving perennials, annuals,
- vegetables, herbs, medicinal and tropical plants.
- Sustainable; grows healthy plants with very low maintenance.
- Easily planted and replanted.
- Pre-vegetated and instantly mature for virtually guaranteed success.
- Unrestricted design creativity.
- No soil erosion.
- Effective in all climates, and for indoor applications.
- Attractive even during the dormant season.
- Easy to design.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to water and fertilize.
- Optimum LEED points.
LiveWall is logical. It parallels nature. LiveWall is simple, effective, and attractive.
We greatly look forward to helping you with your next project.
David S. MacKenzie, President, LiveWall, LLC
Author of Perennial Ground Covers and Timber Press Pocket Guide to Ground Covers